Infrared Blankets

HOW SUDATONIC™ INFRARED BLANKETS WORKS

Infrared energy is not only beneficial to our health, but very safe to use. Far Infrared lamps are used to aid in the relief of arthritis, joint pain, stiff muscles, injuries to tendons and ligaments and to promote a faster overall "self-body" healing effect. What Is Far Infrared (FIR)?
FIR infrared ray energy is a part of the natural light spectrum of sunlight without the skin damaging UV rays. Aware of it's health benefits, NASA, has utilized this heat for years and in Asia and Europe it has already revolutionized health and beauty products.
FIR has the ability to penetrate, refract, radiate & reflect. The human body is able to absorb FIR because of it's ability to penetrate through the skin into the subcutaneous tissues where it transforms from light energy into heat energy. The thermal effect within the deep layers of tissue causes blood vessels in capillaries to dilate, promoting better blood circulation, and the heat produced helps to get rid of body toxins and metabolic wastes through sweating. This dilation of vascular and peripheral blood vessels, brings oxygen to joints and extremities, relaxing stiff muscles which helps to speed the healing of sprains and strains. The increased blood flow enables aching and injured muscles to recover faster along with the added benefit of aiding metabolic and toxic waste to be purged from the body through the skin during perspiration.
In Chinese medicine the skin is known as the third kidney because it is believed to be responsible for eliminating up to 30% of body waste. All of the increased blood circulation during infrared therapy causes great amounts of nutrients to be carried to the skin, promoting a healthy tone and texture along with a mile cleansing.
 

What The Researchers Say About FIR

Infrared energy is not only beneficial to our health, but very safe to use. Far Infrared lamps are used to aid in the relief of arthritis, joint pain, stiff muscles, injuries to tendons and ligaments and to promote a faster overall "self-body" healing effect. Infrared heat is "RADIANT" heat. Radiant heat is simply a form of energy that heats objects directly through a process called conversion without having to heat the air in between.
Radiant heat is also called Infrared Energy (IR). The infrared segment of the electromagnetic spectrum cannot be seen, but can be perceived as heat. Our atmosphere has a "window" in it that allows IR rays in the 7-14 micron range to safely reach the earth's surface. When warmed, the earth radiates infrared rays in the 7-14 micron band with its peak output at 10 microns. According to Dr. Tsu-Tsair Oliver Chi, in his summation on the mechanism of actions of infrared devices turned to the human body, tissues needing a boost in their output selectively absorb these rays. The internal production of the infrared energy that normally occurs within our tissues is associated with a variety of responses and may require a boost to a maximal level to insure the fullest response possible in a tissue, which is being repaired. After boosting a tissue's level to its maximum, the remaining rays pass onward harmlessly. This phenomenon is called "RESONANT ABSORPTION".
Regular use of an (infrared) sauna ... may be as effective as a means of cardiovascular condition and burning of calories as regular exercise. (Journal of the American Medical Association 8/7/1981)
 

Why Would You Want To Sweat So Much, And What's The Big Deal?

Many people, simply don't sweat enough...
making sweat bathing particularly desirable during these times. Antiperspirants, artificial environments, smog, synthetic clothing, and a physically idle lifestyle all conspire to clog skin pores and inhibit the health flow of sweat. These detrimental effects can be reversed in a sweat bath. Sweat also has the function of being a judicious garbage collector. During a 15 minute sauna, sweating can perform the heavy metal excretion that would take the kidneys 24 working hours. Ninety-nine percent (99%) of what sweat brings to the surface of the skin is water, but the remaining one percent (1%) is mostly undesirable wastes. Excessive salt carried by sweat is generally believed to be beneficial for cases of mild hypertension. Some mental hospitals use saunas in their rehabilitation programs to pacify patients. A metabolic by-product, urea, if not disposed of regularly, can cause headaches, nausea and in extreme cases, vomiting, coma and even death. Sweating is such an effective de-toxifier that that it draws out lactic acid which causes stiff muscles and contributes to general fatigue. Sweat flushes out toxic metals such as copper, lead, zinc, and mercury, which the body absorbs in polluted environments.