The human face plays a big role in that which makes us human. Pivotal in human connection, your face is generally the first thing someone notices when they meet you. It is what those closest to you read as they seek to fully understand you. Like it or not, your face conveys your emotions. Consider the smile you give when you are pleased or the frown you display when you are unhappy, the crinkled eye corners that come with your authentic laughter or the wide eyes you present as you listen to something exciting. People recognize you by your face. People connect with you via your face. When you consider all this, it is easy to see why taking care of the skin on your face is truly taking care of so much more. Committing to a routine of professional facial services can ensure you protect and preserve your facial skin. So, if you’re seeking to put your best face forward today, and in the years to come, read on.
Modern Facial Products & Techniques
Putting attention into the care of the face is not a new phenomenon – cue the image of a 1950’s housewife getting ready for bed with a thick green cold cream mask on her face. But, what is new is a growing body of dependable research on what is truly effective for facial skincare. Modern facials use highly efficacious ingredients and incorporate tools designed to deeply clean, effectively exfoliate and properly moisturize the skin. Facial services can be personalized to target areas of concern including acne, redness, dullness, wrinkles, inflammation, loss of elasticity, sun damage and so much more. Today’s facials go beyond immediate surface-level beauty. Fortifying the skin, they encourage cell turnover and prepare the surface to more effectively respond to what the client does between their professional facial services.
Trained Experts Make a Real Difference
It’s true, there are some facial treatments and products suited for self-administration, but many are not possible, or will be sub-optimal, when they are done at home. Ever wish you had a third hand? Or one that could move backwards? Fully separate from the body of the face they are treating, a spa technician moves freely, unencumbered throughout the service. And, most importantly, they bring expert knowledge to the spa table. Trained to understand what mix of products and services are needed to garner a desired output, they craft individualized treatments for optimal results. Using professional-grade tools and techniques, facialists can fully capitalize on the products they use.
Today’s Facial Service Offerings Are Targeted and Proven
As the facial industry matures, its body of knowledge continues to advance. Truly visible results are now possible via practical, non-invasive services. At many spas you can find a wide array of smart facial treatments. These include services designed to:
- Deep Clean, Exfoliate and Richly Moisturize – The gold-standard in face care, cleaning, exfoliating and moisturizing may seem basic, but these processes are critical to achieving real results. Beginning with a steam treatment, pores are opened to relieve congestion and prepare the skin for the topical agents. Then, using effective exfoliation, following deep cleaning, the skin surface is not only going to look better, but will be better prepared to receive the benefits of the moisturizer. Spa-grade moisturizers are specifically chosen for facial services to deliver deep and lasting effects.
- Address Areas of Concern – In addition to deep cleaning, exfoliating and moisturizing, professional facial services can be tailored to calm and heal skin. Using targeted products, tools and techniques, facials can effectively address:
- dry patches
- areas of inflammation
- Fight the Effects of Aging – Perhaps some of the most exciting advancements in skin facials have come in response to the fight against skin aging. We know more than ever about what topicals and techniques work to protect and rejuvenate the skin’s surface. Specially formulated serums that include, for example, the antioxidant vitamins A and C can deliver notable results. Retinol, an active form of vitamin A, boosts collagen and plumps out the skin, reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles. It also improves skin coloring and overall tone. Proven to improve hydration, brighten skin and address hyperpigmentation, vitamin C has emerged as one of the most promising ingredients in anti-aging skincare today. These vitamins can be formulated into effective serums that, when applied correctly, address many of the undesirable features of more mature skin. Certain facial techniques, including microdermabrasion and skin peels, can be used to enhance the results of these serums. Not only do these procedures enhance the immediate appearance of the skin through the removal of dull, dry and damaged top layers, they also improve the overall efficacy of the serums by encouraging greater absorption.
Add-on facial treatments can deliver incremental benefits in one convenient appointment. The frequency of these treatments will depend on your overall lifestyle, condition of your skin and your desired results. Some choose these treatments for special occasions but others find these to be what they want each visit to look their very best. They might choose:
- Cryoskin treatment which uses cool temperatures to tone and restore the skin. It will increase oxygen and retract facial muscles, making your face appear both younger and fresher.
- boosted hydration via natural compounds like seaweed and propolis.
- microdermabrasion, a minimally invasive procedure that can transform the skin’s tone and texture. A service conducive to all skin on the body, it is effective in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, age spots, acne scarring, overall sun damage and more.
- chemical skin peels, another effective way to remove a dull or damaged top layer of skin to expose a smoother, younger looking face or decolletage.
- Eyelash and eyebrow tinting to further enhance the eye area
- Hair waxing to remove unwanted facial hair
Relaxation and Self-Care
Quality facial skincare requires setting aside the time to do it. Many of us will let other priorities take precedence over our own. Establishing a regular facial treatment cadence is one way to ensure we dedicate the time we need to taking care of our skin. And, in fact, there are real benefits in just the relaxation that comes with a spa facial service. It can be calming for the soul as well as the skin. And, truth be told, that calm is going to do a lot for the face in-and-of itself.
What You Do Between Professional Services Will Make a Difference In Your Results
To truly realize all the benefits of a professional facial routine, you will want to take an active role in your skincare during the time between facial services. Your daily cleansing and moisturizing is going to play a key role here. A qualified facial technician will educate you on what products and routines will work best for your specific skin. Their education should be a key component of the overall facial service. You should expect to receive guidance on products and their application.
Much More Than An Indulgence
Our face is an important part of our identity and plays a key role in human connection; it should be taken care of. Investing in routine facial services can improve the immediate appearance of the skin on our face and fortify it for the years to come. In addition to giving us the time and space to relax, regular facials help us highlight all of our beauty, inside and out. Much more than an indulgence (though we deserve that, too!) professional facial services will allow you to truly put your best face forward.
Massage Bliss & Cryo is committed to providing services that promote recovery, relaxation and overall wellness. Our facials incorporate proven, top-quality products applied by technicians who are experts in their trade. We guarantee exemplary customer service, dependable advice and real results. In addition to facials, Massage Bliss offers massages, full-body treatments, chiropractic care and nutrition programs, waxing services and several body recovery services, including cryotherapy, NormaTEC compression therapy, LED light therapy and RockTape. Our innovative loyalty wellness program is designed to make self-care convenient and affordable for everyone.